What do you mean, what did the other guy look like?
That was the fourth time someone this morning had asked me that, and I was getting tired of it. I didn’t mean to react in the way I did, it was just that I’d had enough!
The policeman was very nice and went on to explain that someone “getting on our last nerve” was not a good enough excuse to punch someone.
OK, let me go back to how this all got started. You see I have Periorbital Dark Circles under my eyes, and it makes me look like I’ve been in a fist-a-cuffs and got the worst of it. I’m not sure how they got started, but I’ve read they can be caused by many things.
- Allergy and Sinus Infections
- Excessive Pigmentation (usually a result of capillaries showing through thin skin)
- Medical Issues (thyroid and kidney illnesses)
- High Salt Diet
I get so frustrated when I wake up and look in the mirror only to find that I look like someone who has been in a zombie movie and forgot to take off my makeup. It seems that no matter what I do to prevent or get rid of them, these damnable dark circles return. If I thought I could sacrifice a goat and be rid of them, I would. My luck though the goat would die from hysterical laughter when he realized the circles around my eyes were darker than his.
I have tried many different remedies to get rid of these horrid Circles of Darkness.
1. Neti Pot – For those of you who don’t know what this is it’s a small pot much like a tea pot with a long spout. It cleaned me out, but only after I almost drowned, and my wife had to do that thing where they push your legs into your stomach to get your lungs clear.
2. Different Sleep Position– I turned on my side instead of my back, but I rolled off the bed and crushed our poodle. She is however doing better and getting used to the wheels on her back legs.
3. Stop Smoking – This can cause puffiness in your skin.
4. Moisturize Nightly
5. Cold Spoons, Fruit, and Tea Bags– This sounded crazy to me, but it actually works temporarily. It was just a little embarrassing when I had to call the fire department to remove the soup ladle from my cheek.
6. Diet – It makes sense that a diet lower in salt content would reduce water retention in problem areas of the body. My mom once accused me of retaining all the bathtub water, but she stopped when she saw me crying . . . she proceeded to tell me the crying would make me look like I had circles under my eyes . . . then she started laughing again.
So you can see why I punched that guy. I’ve tried everything, and I’ve had enough. Thank God that I found this website. Now I know that there are people out there who suffer with this condition same as me, and have the same struggles that I do.