Is that red ring on your forearm getting bigger? Are you tired of the incessant itching and scratching? You want to get rid of it, but can’t afford a doctor visit. It may be time to look into some home remedies for Ringworm. If you’re showing the classic sign for ringworm, and you’re sure of what it is, then this article might be able to present you with some options for a cure.
Home Remedies for Ringworm: What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is a fungus. In today’s information age, I think most people know it’s not a worm. The Tinea fungus is the organism that gets on your skin through contact and in the right conditions flourishes to create Ringworm. When this contact of Tinea flourishes on your skin you need home remedies for Ringworm.
- Contact with another person who has it
- Contact with an infected pet or domesticated animal
- Contact with an object that has been in contact with another infected person or animal
These are the 3 major ways to contract Ringworm.
Home Remedies for Ringworm: Prevention is Key
It is a highly infectious organism, and prevention is a serious concern if you suspect you have, or will be coming in contact with someone who has it. It’s a good idea to avoid sharing or touching some of the common culprits of ringworm transmission.
- Sports or Work equipment
- Combs and Brushes
- Personal Care Items
It’s also a good idea to take preventative measures so that you don’t need home remedies for Ringworm. Other prevention steps are:
- Keep your skin clean and dry at all times
- After any suspected exposure use hot water and antifungal soap to wash
- Wash not only you, but your clothes
- Wear sandals or slippers in public showers, locker rooms, or bathrooms
- Don’t touch animals with bald spots
With these measures you can avoid the need for other curative measures, but as that doesn’t always happen, let’s look at some of the symptoms and their subsequent treatment options.
Home Remedies for Ringworm: Symptoms
Ringworm can strike just about anywhere on the outside of a person’s body. Each part of the body is a different species of Tinea and is named for its location.
- Tinea capitis – head/scalp
- Tinea barbae – beard and facial hair
- Tinea faciei – facial area
- Tinea cruris – Jock Itch
- Tinea manuum – hands, fingers, and palms
- Tinea corporis – arms, legs, and trunk
- Tinea pedis – feet (Athlete’s Foot)
- Tinea unguium – nails (toe and finger)
Most Ringworm has the traditional look of the red-ringed area, with the exception of some of the scalp and hair infections. The symptoms can present as any combination of the following:
- Rash of varying degree
- Red-ringed spot with raised edges
- Dry, scaly skin
- Possible blistering
- Possible oozing
- On the hands – thick, dry, scaly skin
- Under the nails – dry, discolored and crumbling tissue
When these symptoms show up it’s time for home remedies for Ringworm, and as you will see these remedies run the gambit of possibilities.
Home Remedies for Ringworm: Treatments
Any of the home remedies for Ringworm mentioned here have worked in some form for the people who’ve tried them, but before you begin any medical regimen, do your homework and know what you’re doing to your body.
1. Deny the infection oxygen or any viable respiration (breathing)
- Nail polish
- Egg whites
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Liquid Shellac
- And even Ear Wax (one woman swore by it)
These substances are placed over the infected sites and allowed to dry. Relief of symptoms were reported within a day, and in some cases, these home remedies for Ringworm were reported to relieve symptoms completely in as little as 3 days.
2. Deny the Ringworm the conditions it needs to live (proper warmth and moisture)
- Keep area clean and dry
- Staying in the sun while keeping your skin dry
- Use a blow dryer in the area repeatedly through the day
Be sure not to expose yourself for too long under the sun or blow dryer.
3. Kill the organism outright
- Garlic (6 teaspoons a day or a paste applied directly)
- Ringworm Ointment for animals (although most of the bottles recommend against this)
- Clorox on a paper towel over the area wrapped in plastic wrap for 15 minutes (CAUTION: Bleach can burn or discolor the skin.)
These substances will attack the organism directly and kill it. It’s important to note here that Ringworm can exist and be spread even if the symptoms are not apparent. The organism can exist for days after the signs go away, so use caution.
Are There Home Remedies for Ringworm That Work?
Yes there are home remedies for Ringworm that work. The important thing is to pick one that you know about, and has some proven ability to relieve your symptoms. With the best home remedies for Ringworm you can be itch free sooner than you think.
Which is NOT a home remedies for Ringworm?
a. Ear Wax
b. Nasal Discharge
d. Hair Dryer
True or False: Ringworm is a worm.
Which is the best way to deal with ringworm?
a. Steel Wool
Answers at the bottom of the page!
Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment
Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment . . . it just has the ring of truth to it. If you’re looking to “kill” your ringworm, this product will be just what you’re after. A one stop-and-shop product, this 2 step spray treatment takes just minutes at a time, 2 to 3 times a day, to get rid of the:
Packed inside this 10.4 oz. bottle is the immediate relief you are seeking. If you have now, or have ever had Ringworm, then you know the insanity this fungal growth can cause. It can drive you crazy trying not to scratch and rub. Ringworm Killer relieves the symptoms on contact. It soothes the itch and cools the burn.
If you have a child who has Ringworm, the problem is compounded 10 fold. How can you ask a 2 year old to not scratch an itch; it’s virtually impossible. That’s exactly the kind of problem this product is designed to help with. It gives immediate relief and works on the Ringworm, penetrating to help kill the fungus inside and out.
Many users testify to its effectiveness.
- “. . . it keeps the itch down . . “
- “I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now, it’s (the Ringworm) almost gone.”
- “The best product I’ve used. If I hadn’t used it I’d still have Ringworm.”
With testimonials like that you can’t afford to not try Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment. So follow the link and find out what all the buzz is about.
V&S Whitfield’s Ointment Double Strength
Looking for a way to stop the itching, and get rid of those unsightly, embarrassing red-ringed spots? So were the thousands who have tried, and now swear by V&S Whitfield’s Ointment. This product is meant for any dermatitis, but works particularly well as a Ringworm cure. So if you’re looking for the best Ringworm treatment, you very well may have found it right here.
What does it do?
V&S Whitfield’s Ointment relieves the sometimes nightmarish symptoms that come from Ringworm:
This patented formula works quickly on the most irritating trait that accompanies the fungus known as Tinea (Ringworm). It soothes that itch that is a constant reminder that you have a condition that needs to be taken care of. With 12% Benzoic Acid and 6% Salicylic Acid, this miracle ointment is easy, and for the most part, painless to apply (there may be some slight burning when first applying.)
Where can I apply it?
V&S Whitfield’s Ointment can be applied to almost every external part of the body (not in the eyes.)
- Buttocks (no internal use)
- Facial Hair
All the places you can get the Tinea fungus, you can treat with this potent and effective home remedy for Ringworm. Don’t wait; you’ll just end up scratching, and quite likely spreading your ringworm over more of your body. Buy now, and stop the madness!
Answers: 1) b, 2) a, 3) d
Comments are closed.