Are you in desperate need of toenail fungus home remedies? Do you have nails that have grown thick and yellow? Are you embarrassed to wear sandals, or take your shoes off and walk barefoot in public? If this is you, then you likely have the form of Athlete’s Foot known as Toenail Fungus. And if you’re like many people who suffer from this condition, you’ve tried everything Over the Counter and even prescription medications. Well in this article, we’re gonna dive off the deep end of the “toenail fungus home remedies” pool.
Toenail Fungus Home Remedies: What causes Toenail Fungus?
There are basically three things that can cause toenail fungus.
All three of these are types of fungus, with Dermatophyte being, by far, the leading cause of toenail fungus. There are several types of Dermatophytes that can cause this bothersome condition, the most common of these being the Tinea unguium (from the Ringworm family), and the species of fungus from this group that causes toenail fungus is Trichophyton rubrum. This is the culprit which sends you scrambling for toenail fungus home remedies.
Toenail Fungus Home Remedies: Symptoms
How do you know when you need toenail fungus home remedies for your toes? If you’ve ever known someone who had a toe fungus, or you yourself have had one, then you will recognize the following signs:
- Dry tissue and nail material
- Discolored nail (yellowish to brown)
- Crumbling tissue under the nail (can notice this when you trim the nail)
- Onycholysis (separation of the toe from the nail – possibly falling off)
These symptoms can also be accompanied by Athlete’s Foot, as they are both caused by Tinea growing in the right conditions. Those symptoms will appear on the foot and around the toes.
- Dry, scaly skin
- Possible blisters with moisture oozing from them
- Burning and pain
Each of the above conditions are fairly common to the symptoms listed, however they are not the only things that cause a need for toenail fungus home remedies. So, if you are having no luck treating your toenail fungus, call your doctor and she should be able to definitively diagnose your condition.
Toenail Fungus Home Remedies: How do I actually get it?
There are specific conditions that have to be present in order to the Tinea fungus to grow and thrive. Your feet are the perfect storm of circumstances that allow fungus to grow and raise the need for toenail fungus home remedies. Here is list of at risk people and situations:
- Men are more susceptible than women
- The elderly are at risk due to the logistics of cleaning your feet after a certain age
- Warm, moist environments
- Public pools, showers and bathrooms
- Locker rooms
- Tight/little ventilation of socks and shoes
- Dirty socks or shoes
- Excessively sweaty socks and shoes
- Injury or repeated stress on toenails
- People with cuts and scrapes around or under their nails
- Certain Immune System Suppressing Diseases (HIV- Diabetes)
Shoes are the perfect environment for Tinea to survive. Warm, moist, and dark makes for an excellent incubator of fungus. It’s important to stay clean and dry to reduce the risk of needing toenail fungus home remedies.
Cure Toenail Fungus Home Remedies: Treatments
So you either have already tried, or don’t want to try the various Over the Counter Medications that are available for toenail fungus. Now you want to see what you can do from home. There are more toenail fungus home remedies than I could possibly discuss in this short article, but I’ll look at 6 methods I’ve researched that are extremely variable in their approach. Be sure not to use something on your body unless you have done your homework and know what it might do.
- Use disinfectant to clean the nail area
- Apply Tea Tree Oil 3 times a day
- At bedtime apply Vick’s Vapor Rub (Vick’s) and wrap in band-aids
- Get Over the Counter Lamisil Cream and Rubbing Alcohol
- Cut toenail back to quick and apply Lamisil
- Soak Cotton Ball in alcohol and attach to nail with band-aid
- Wrap and set for about 1 hour a day
- Can file the top of nail down to allow better penetration
- Take Oral, Olive Leaf Extract daily
- Apply Vick’s 2 times a day
- Method 5 can be damaging to your skin, so consult a doctor BEFORE using.
- Soften Nail with twice daily applications of Vick’s and Tea Tree Oil
- Apply a mild solution (10%) of potassium hydroxide daily
- Make an equal parts solution of Apple Cider Vinegar and Listerine
- Using an eye dropper apply 3-4 drops daily for 2 weeks
- Continue drops at least weekly for several weeks
Toenail Fungus Home Remedies
If you’re her at this site, you’re probably looking for toenail fungus home remedies. Here we’ve given you 6 methods that some people swear by. They have had reported, positive results. So when you’ve exhausted all the OTC and Medical options, turn to the toenail fungus home remedies and start wearing sandals again.
Which is NOT a toenail fungus home remedy?
a. Olive Leaf Extract
b. Vick’s Vapor Rub
c. Tea Bags over the infection
d. Tea Tree Oil
True or False: All home remedies are safe.
Which is a symptom of toenail fungus?
c. Runny Nose
Answers at the top of the page!
Zeasorb Super Absorbent Antifungal Powder
If you are tired of the itching that won’t stop or the constant burning in those ever so private areas, then it’s time to get Zeasorb Super Absorbent Antifungal Powder. Zeasorb is a Miconazole Nitrate 2% powder that stops the many symptoms that are associated with Athlete’s Foot:
If you have Athlete’s Foot then you know about the irritation that comes with it. You need a solution that is:
With Zeasorb you can get relief from all those symptoms in the ways listed above. This antifungal medication is one of the highest customer rated products I’ve seen. From “works immediately” to “Godsend” this product is highly recommended by its many users.
Being an antifungal, Zeasorb not only works on Athlete’s Foot, but any of the numerous fungal infections that can attack the body:
- Athlete’s Foot
- Jock Itch
- Most forms of Tinea
- Many forms of Candida
So try this effective, affordable remedy for the itch that ails you, and join the throng of people who swear by Zeasorb Super Absorbent Antifungal Powder. As it absorbs moisture and soothes chaffing you’ll notice immediate relief that lasts all day. And with proper continued use will give you the continual relief you desire.
Fast Ringworm Cure
If you’re tired of the itching and pain that goes with any form of Ringworm then boy, do I have a product for you! In his 69 page eBook, Fast Ringworm Cure, William Oliver renown Ringworm Guru, has put together a comprehensive 7 step formula for a Natural, Healthy cure for Ringworm.
All the above symptoms can be gone in 3 days or less . . . Guaranteed! Now that’s a Ringworm Cure worth something.
What Oliver has done with Fast Ringworm Cure is to put together a Ringworm remedy that’s proven to be the:
- Most sure fire
- Best for preventing recurrence
With no drugs, and no “sit and wait for things to get better” approach, Oliver has come up with a system that can help you deal with an epic problem. Designed to bring fast relief it helps you or your kids get through the insane itching faster, and gives you piece of mind, with recommendations to keep Ringworm at bay once you’ve cured it.
With over $210 worth of bonus extras including diet and healthy living choices, what would you expect to pay for this miraculous cure? Hundreds? No . . . $90? No . . . $70, not even close. For just $29.99 you can get:
- The 7 step natural cure eBook Fast Ringworm Cure
- The over $210 of bonus material
- And a 60 day 100% Money Back Guarantee!
What are you waiting for, stop the itching!
Answers: 1)c , 2) b, 3) a
March 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Thanks for these home remedies for toenail fungus. I never knew things like Listerine and vicks rub could help out. I think I’ll try a few of these methods before I buy the next tube of expensive anti-fungal cream.