Are you having skin fungus problems? Perhaps you have blemishes or spots that won’t go away, or may even be getting worse? What are these places that drive you insane with itching and burning, and how can you get rid of them? In this article we will look at the answer to some of those questions.
Skin Fungus: What is It?
There could be many answers to that particular question. The most likely answers are:
- Yeast Infection
These appear to be the most common types of skin fungus; both are caused by fungal cells. They are over growths of organisms that can, and often do live on the human body. They are part of the human flora, and in check cause no harmful effects. The problems occur when the balance of good vs. bad germs becomes upset and the infection is allowed to flourish.
- Contact with another individual that already has a virulent infection.
- Suppressed Immune System (usually due to illness)
- Certain Immunosuppressant Diseases (Diabetes and HIV)
Under the above conditions bad germs that cause fungal infections are more likely to grow and become symptomatic. Each of the two listed above have specific organisms that cause their growth:
- Yeast Infection – Candida albicans
- Ringworm – Tinea (each part of the body has a specific name)
Skin Fungus: Diagnosis
If you have a skin fungus and you are not sure what kind it is, you will likely need to go to the doctor and have it identified. There are several tests your physician can do to identify your condition:
- Wood’s Lamp (examining the infection under a UV lamp; some fungus glows under the lamp)
- KOH Exam (examining a stained scrape of the infection under a microscope)
- Biopsy of Infection
- Fungal Culture (swab and grow some of the infection on in a Petri Dish)
The Fungal Culture is the most reliable and most used test for determining which type of skin fungus you have. It’s important to see your doctor, especially if you don’t know what you have on your skin. The wrong self-diagnosis can lead to using the wrong treatment, and that can be potentially harmful.
Skin Fungus: Symptoms
There are a variety of signs and symptoms that present themselves with any skin fungus. I’ll list a mash-up of many of them here. If you notice any or all of them, it may be time to get treatment.
- Rash of varying intensity
- Itching (vis-à-vis scratching)
- Burning, Discomfort, and Pain
- Dry, scaly, skin
- Possible blistering and oozing
- Red-ringed spots with raised edges
- Varying forms of discharge
These are a list of the symptoms associated with Yeast Infection and Ringworm.
Skin Fungus: Treatment
Here is where you would think it gets tricky, but the treatments for the two described skin fungi are remarkably similar. For Tinea and Candida, it is the fungus aspect that makes the treatments so similar. There are several methods, from home remedies to advanced IV medication.
1. Home Remedies Skin Fungus
- Ringworm – Nail Polish, Vaseline, Egg whites, Garlic, Clorox, Ear Wax, Tea Tree Oil
- Yeast Infection – Low Sugar Diet, Probiotics, Yogurt, Buttermilk, Garlic, Salt, Tea Tree Oil
*CAUTION – Make sure you know what you are doing to your body. Safety first.
2. Over The Counter Medications
- Both are antifungal and come in the form of creams and shampoos
3. Prescription Medications
- Usually just stronger versions of the OTC meds
- In severe cases more powerful IV antifungals are used
- Also in severe cases, there may be antifungal oral medications used over an extended period of time
- In some cases laser therapy c an be used
One of the most important things about skin fungus treatment is that you take and use your medication exactly as it was prescribed or directed. Fungus can be infectious even after the symptoms have gone. Stopping your treatment before directed to do so could invite a recurrence.
What is This Skin Fungus?
Well, it’s likely your skin fungus is either Ringworm or a Yeast Infection. Regardless, you should probably get it looked at to make sure which is which. Also, when you start your treatment, whether it is a home remedy or high powered medications, make sure you use and/or take it like you were told to do; else you could end up making it worse. So get rid of that skin fungus, no matter what it is!
What are the two most common forms of fungus on the skin?
a. Ringworm and Heartworm
b. Heartworm and Rectalosis
c. Ringworm and Yeast Infection
d. Eczema and Candida
True or False: Candida causes Ringworm.
Which is NOT a symptom of ringworm?
a. Red-ringed spot
b. Dry skin
Answers at the bottom of the page!
Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment . . . it just has the ring of truth to it. If you’re looking to “kill” your ringworm, this product will be just what you’re after. A one stop-and-shop product, this 2 step spray treatment takes just minutes at a time, 2 to 3 times a day, to get rid of the:
Packed inside this 10.4 oz. bottle is the immediate relief you are seeking. If you have now, or have ever had Ringworm, then you know the insanity this fungal growth can cause. It can drive you crazy trying not to scratch and rub. Ringworm Killer relieves the symptoms on contact. It soothes the itch and cools the burn.
If you have a child who has Ringworm, the problem is compounded 10 fold. How can you ask a 2 year old to not scratch an itch; it’s virtually impossible. That’s exactly the kind of problem this product is designed to help with. It gives immediate relief and works on the Ringworm, penetrating to help kill the fungus inside and out.
Many users testify to its effectiveness.
- “. . . it keeps the itch down . . “
- “I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now, it’s (the Ringworm) almost gone.”
- “The best product I’ve used. If I hadn’t used it I’d still have Ringworm.”
With testimonials like that you can’t afford to not try Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment. So follow the link and find out what all the buzz is about.
If you’re tired of the itching and pain that goes with any form of Ringworm then boy, do I have a product for you! In his 69 page eBook, Fast Ringworm Cure, William Oliver renown Ringworm Guru, has put together a comprehensive 7 step formula for a Natural, Healthy cure for Ringworm.
All the above symptoms can be gone in 3 days or less . . . Guaranteed! Now that’s a Ringworm Cure worth something.
What Oliver has done with Fast Ringworm Cure is to put together a Ringworm remedy that’s proven to be the:
- Most sure fire
- Best for preventing recurrence
With no drugs, and no “sit and wait for things to get better” approach, Oliver has come up with a system that can help you deal with an epic problem. Designed to bring fast relief it helps you or your kids get through the insane itching faster, and gives you piece of mind, with recommendations to keep Ringworm at bay once you’ve cured it.
With over $210 worth of bonus extras including diet and healthy living choices, what would you expect to pay for this miraculous cure? Hundreds? No . . . $90? No . . . $70, not even close. For just $29.99 you can get:
- The 7 step natural cure eBook Fast Ringworm Cure
- The over $210 of bonus material
- And a 60 day 100% Money Back Guarantee!
What are you waiting for, stop the itching!
Answers: 1) c, 2) a, 3) c