“Ohh girl, I found this great eye cream. All you do is take 3 cups of toilet water and mix it with a cup of bacon grease, 2 scrambled eggs, one cup of coffee, and 2 ounces of Magma Hand Soap. Then you just rub it all under your eyes.”
“Cherlene, you were eating breakfast on the toilet again weren’t you?”
“Yeah, but girl look at my eyes!”
Have you heard of, or tried every cure for dark circles under eyes known to man? Do you wonder what’s the best eye cream or home remedy? In this article we will look at some of the excellent options available.
Best Eye Cream: What Causes Those Dark Circles?
It’s probably worth talking about what causes those dark circles you’ve tried so hard to get rid of. There are a multitude of causes including causes that originate both Internally and Externally.
Internal causes can range from genetics to a sinus infection. Others include:
- Cold and Flu
- Medical Issues (thyroid and kidney trouble)
- Excessive Pigmentation
External factors can be irritants or chemical reactions to things you place in your body.
- Scratching, Itching and Rubbing
- Makeup Worn Too Long
- Poor Diet (high sodium)
Whatever the cause, many people are self-conscious of these embarrassing “eye sores”, pun intended, and actively seek out the best eye cream to rid themselves of the problem.
Bring on the Best Eye Cream!
There are so many “best eye cream” out there, that it’s impossible to talk about them all. And to call one of them “Best” would be a daunting task indeed. As is the case with most treatments of any kind there are two things to keep in mind:
- Each person probably has their own best eye cream depending on their individual need and preference.
- Consult a doctor (dermatologist) before you start any treatment regimen.
General Types of Best Eye Cream
- Makeup – Some makeups are specifically designed with beneficial ingredients to care for your Periorbital skin.
- Sunscreens – One of the most harmful things to the thinnest skin on the body around your eyes, is sun damage. Over exposure to UV light can dry and damage skin. It’s imperative to apply sunscreen if you have dark circles under eyes. It is a very necessary best eye cream.
- Daily or Nightly Moisturizers – Keeping your skin hydrated is key to keeping your Periorbital skin vibrant and pink. Find one that is gentle on your skin and keeps it saturated with moisture. This is an excellent preventative measure.
Active Ingredient Creams
There are several helpful chemicals contained in the best eye cream. Some creams contain more than one, and some are used for a very specific purpose. It’s important to read up on the product you are looking to buy.
- Retinols – Retinol stimulates collagen and keeps the tissue beneath your Periorbital skin healthy. Retinol is a strong ingredient and creams that contain this ingredient can be harsh and even uncomfortable.
- Skin Enhancing Peptides – These are a milder version of Retinol that stimulate collagen.
- Niocinomides – A best eye cream with this ingredient helps fade discoloration of skin under and around the eyes.
- Caffeine – This common ingredient when used in skin care creams helps tighten the skin and reduce puffiness.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This ingredient helps retain water, which can relieve dry scaly skin.
Natural Substitutes for Best Eye Cream
There are “greener” more natural substances like:
- Rhodiola Rosea that firm skin cells
- Vitamin C that treats fine lines
- Other botanicals that strengthen collagen
These ingredients still give the user a best eye cream, just without so many synthetic, harsh chemicals. In today’s world this may fit the needs of many environmental and health conscious consumers.
Best Eye Cream: Medicinal (Prescription Strength)
When it comes to a medical best eye cream, there is basically one standard that is used, Retinol. The same as the cream mentioned above Retinol firms up collagen which promotes healthy, hydrated Periorbital tissue. This in turn reduces:
- Dark Circles
Also mentioned above, is the strength of Retinol. In prescription strength the Vitamin A in this product can cause other problems, and often times the use of Retinol requires frequent monitoring by a medical professional. Consult your physician before you begin treatment, he or she can help you understand any risks or side effects.
Which Is The Best Eye Cream?
That’s a question that only you, the consumer can answer. You may have to try several best eye cream products before you find one that’s right for you. Whether you use a general moisturizing cream, protective cream, or a stronger ingredient, the best eye cream for you will be the one that gives you the kind of skin that makes you smile.
Which is NOT a best eye cream with “stronger ingredients”?
a. Skin Enhancing Pepetides
True or False: Retinol use requires medical supervision.
What is Periorbital skin?
(Hint: Other articles in this section have the answer.)
a. The skin around the eye socket
b. The skin of a man in space
c. The skin just under the nose
d. Any wrinkled skin
Answers at the bottom of the page.
Overnight Wrinkle Cure
Louise Griffin had tried for years to find the best skin cream.
None of the ones she tried were ever able to deliver on the promises they made. Then one day she came across a lost, ancient remedy for dark and dry skin. And out of this ancient, wrinkle and splotchy skin remedy came, Overnight Wrinkle Cure.
• Dark Circles Under Eyes
• Bags Under Eyes
• Puffy Eyes
• Crow’s Feet
• Wrinkled Skin
• Dry Scaly Skin
All these and more can be helped with Griffin’s virtually, miraculous Overnight Wrinkle Cure.
Imagine NOT having to worry about looking older when you go out on the town. Imagine NOT having dark circles under eyes when you wake up every morning. Imagine, imagine, imagine; now realize that all those scenarios you imagined can become reality with the new skin and eye care system by Louise Griffin.
I highly recommend this product to anyone seeking a newer, younger you. This system can help anyone who’s come to this site looking for rejuvenation. As a bonus everyone who orders gets bonus material on Summer Sun Skin Care.
So order now for literal, Overnight Wrinkle Cure results!
Answers 1) d, 2) a, 3) a
April 5, 2013 at 1:54 pm
As a guy, it’s a bit hard to go wandering up the skin care aisle in the store picking up bottles of cream and not look odd, but I just have to do something about this dead tired, puffy look I have. I think it’s affecting my life. Everyone who looks at me will think I’m not energetic or with-it. Great info on your blog.
April 2, 2013 at 1:03 pm
I’m not one of those women who buy expensive creams for this and that, but I always use my sun screen. I don’t care if I’m the palest one on the block. I don’t want my skin damaged.
March 13, 2013 at 9:24 pm
Make Ups and Sun screen lotions are generally used. Many Ayurvedic herbs and medicines can also be used. Spectacles should be used so that dust does not enter the eye.