“Cherlene, have you been out all night again?”
“Girl mind your business! You know I always get these bags under eyes!”
“Yeah, usually after being out all night.”
“Girl, you wrong!”
Have you ever experienced Puffy Eyes like Cherlene? Do you need to find a way to get rid of those bags under eyes? If so, you’ve come to the right place, and you need to read through this series to find the best solution for under-eye puffiness.
What Are The Bags Under Eyes From?
There are many causes of Periorbital Puffiness (Periorbital refers to the area around the eye socket), also called bags under eyes.
- Allergy and Sinus Infections
- Excessive Pigmentation (usually a result of capillaries showing through thin skin)
- Medical Issues (thyroid and kidney illnesses)
In the following video the doctor gives a good explanation of the causes of dark and puffy eyes. Now his remedies are skewed towards medical treatment, but listen well to his “causes”.
There are also many external causes in addition to the ones listed above.
- Excessive Crying
- Rubbing or Scratching Itchy Eyes
- Poor Diet (high sale intake, low iron, low vitamin intake)
- Sleeping in Makeup
- Too Much Sun
With so many things that can contribute to bags under eyes, it’s easy to see how so many people suffer from the condition. These causes will be the key in telling us how to treat Periorbital Puffiness.
What Can We Do About Bags Under Eyes?
The things that people can, and will do about dark puffy eyes, are as numerous as the causes themselves. As always consult a physician before
Here a few of the things you might try from home that will aid you in your fight against bags under eyes.
- Neti Pot – For those of you who don’t know what this is it’s a small pot much like a tea pot with a long spout. Read the specific instructions on how to use it, but the basic idea is you bend over a sink and pour water up one side of your nose and sinus and out the other. Nice!
- Different Sleep Position – If you are a side or stomach sleeper then try lying on your back to sleep. It may difficult, but gravity can be very helpful in getting rid of those bags under eyes.
- Stop Smoking – This can cause puffiness in your skin.
- Moisturize Nightly – This is more for dark circles under eyes, but can aid in healthier skin and thus, less puffiness and irritation.
- Cold Spoons, Fruit, and Tea Bags – This sounded crazy to me, but it actually temporarily works. When applied to the skin, these can greatly reduce swelling below the eyes and do away with those bags under eyes. It can also expedite your dinner preparations! I kill me.
- Diet – Water in the body travels through osmosis, from areas of low salt concentration to areas of high salt concentration. It makes sense that a diet lower in salt content would reduce water retention in problem areas of the body; which the Periorbital skin is one.
One or all or none of these remedies may work for you, but they’re inexpensive and worth a try before you go to the next level of bags under eyes care.
The Next Level Of Bags Under Eyes Care
- Active Ingredient Moisturizers – There are many brands of moisturizers available over the counter that have ingredients in them targeted specifically to eliminate Periorbital Puffiness. Caffeine is used in many of these moisturizers.
- Hydrocortisone – These creams seem to work well for many, but you need to follow the instructions specifically, as prolonged use of this or any steroid can cause other problems.
- Other Creams – Some makeups are specifically designed for treatment of bags under eyes. t’s also a good idea to use sunscreen anytime you might be in direct sunlight. Some people even have success with hemorrhoid cream.
Medical Procedures and Treatments
These are obviously more expensive, but have shown positive results in dealing with the problem of puffy or dark areas under the eyes.
- Retinoic Acid – Usually applied topically, this Vitamin A producer requires you to be observed by medical staff on a scheduled basis as the side effects can be intense.
- Injections – Doctors are able to inject material (Botox for example) under the eyes that smooth out skin and muscle thus, reducing bags under eyes.
*Warning: The following video shows actual medical treatments, if you don’t like shots, don’t watch.
- Phototherapy – This procedure has shown great results with dark circles under eyes, and is being experimented with for use against puffy eyes.
- Under-Eye Bags Surgery – A drastic step, but virtually guaranteed effective.
Bags Under Eyes: Secret of the Puffy Peepers!
So there you have it, the causes of, and eliminating bags under eyes, are equally varied. So whether you use Home Remedies, Creams, or Medical treatments, you can reduce the bags under eyes and feel better about the way you look.
Which is NOT a medical treatment of bags under eyes?
a. Retinoid Cream
c. Tummy Tuck
True or False: Periorbital means around the eye.
What is a Neti Pot?
a. A small pot used to wash out your sinus’
b. A pot belonging to Neti and her sister
c. A type of tobacco
d. The latest Call of Duty game
Answers at the bottom of the page!
Louise Griffin had tried for years to find the best skin cream.
None of the ones she tried were ever able to deliver on the promises they made. Then one day she came across a lost, ancient remedy for dark and dry skin. And out of this ancient, wrinkle and splotchy skin remedy came, Overnight Wrinkle Cure.
• Dark Circles Under Eyes
• Bags Under Eyes
• Puffy Eyes
• Crow’s Feet
• Wrinkled Skin
• Dry Scaly Skin
All these and more can be helped with Griffin’s virtually, miraculous Overnight Wrinkle Cure.
Imagine NOT having to worry about looking older when you go out on the town. Imagine NOT having dark circles under eyes when you wake up every morning. Imagine, imagine, imagine; now realize that all those scenarios you imagined can become reality with the new skin and eye care system by Louise Griffin.
I highly recommend this product to anyone seeking a newer, younger you. This system can help anyone who’s come to this site looking for rejuvenation. As a bonus everyone who orders gets bonus material on Summer Sun Skin Care.
So order now for literal, Overnight Wrinkle Cure results!
Answers: 1) c, 2) a, 3) a