Wanting to scratch and not being able to is one of the most irritating feelings in the world. If you’ve ever experienced it, you know the insanity this can produce. You scratch around it but never quite hit the mark. And if you do break down and scratch, it just ends up costing you dearly with pain and swelling. Ringworm is one of the worst culprits of this sensation. If you’re here at this site, it’s likely you or someone close to you has Ringworm and you’re here to find out what’s the best Ringworm treatment.
Ringworm Treatment: What causes Ringworm?
- A Parasitic Fungal Infection that we get by contact
- It grows on the outer layer of skin and hair follicles of humans and animals.
- It’s caused by the fungus known as Tinea
- There are multiple types of Tinea, each one named for the area of the body it infects
- It feeds on keratin in the skin
- Jock Itch and Athlete’s Foot
Ringworm is NOT:
- A worm
- Always in the classic ring shape
As a contact infection it is spread by touching someone or something that already has active Ringworm. This makes Prevention the best Ringworm treatment. Contact with:
- Pets and Other Domesticated Animals (cow, sheep)
- Equipment or Objects handled by an infected person
These are the ways you get Ringworm (known as Dermatophytosis.)
Ringworm Treatment: Very Contagious
It is an extremely contagious condition and precautions need to be taken in order not to contract or spread the infection. Some things to remember:
- Tinea likes warm, moist places (locker and bathrooms, pools, anywhere there are lots of sweaty, hot people)
- Wear sandals or slippers in the shower or bathroom (preventative)
- It often occurs in the folds of skin, especially in kids
- Avoid sharing items that come into contact with hair or skin, where Tinea lives
Things Not to Share
- Towels and Washcloths
- Sporting Equipment (headgear and gloves)
- Combs and Brushes
- Personal Care Item
Avoiding sharing these items will go a long way toward not needing Ringworm treatment.
How Will I Know If I Need Ringworm Treatment?
You’ll know because you have the signs and symptoms. Most Ringworm Infections are very recognizable and most people are able to successfully diagnose the problem. Just remember that Tinea comes in many forms and some of these don’t look like your typical Ringworm. The signs and symptoms are:
- Itching, itching, and more itching (If you’ve had it, you know that’s no joke!)
- Red-ringed spots of various size
- The Red Ring will have a raised edge (Don’t touch it! Take my word for it, you’ll spread it!)
- Scaly, dry patches of skin
- May blister and/or ooze liquid
- Under the nails (dry, discolored, and crumbling)
- On the hand (thick, dry, scaly skin; with moist, raw spots between the fingers)
Ringworm treatment is needed if you experience these symptoms with the classic circular pattern. However, if these symptoms persist you may need to go to the doctor to get diagnosed or treated.
Ringworm Treatment: Diagnosis
What can the doctor due to diagnose your Dermatophytosis and get you the proper Ringworm treatment? If you are at the doctor for Ringworm it’s likely you have already tried the Over the Counter medications and they just aren’t cutting it. Once you get to the doctor he will likely:
- Do a visual, physical exam
- Perform a KOH exam (microscopic examination of a stained scrape of the infection)
- Biopsy of infection material
- Culture (take swab of infection and grow in Petri Dish for identification)
The doctor will likely ask you what you’ve done so far, and then recommend the next level of ringworm treatment. It is important to follow his directions for medication and any other instructions closely.
- Over the Counter – Clotrimazole, Miconazole, various antifungal creams and powders
- Prescription Medications – usually in pill form
*It’s important to say again, administer any Ringworm treatment just as the directions say. Ringworm takes 10 to 14 days to treat, including the 5 to 7 day period after the symptoms go away. For rare occasions when there is little or no improvement you may have to take medication for up to 6 months.
- Keep skin clean and dry at all times (preventative also)
- Change socks and underwear often (preventative also)
- Wear loose clothing to avoid irritation
- Wash linens, clothes, and towels daily while infection is active (preventative also)
- Use hot water and antifungal soap for you and your laundry (preventative also)
What is the Best Ringworm Treatment?
Once you get Dermatophytosis you will need to treat it, or it will spread. The right Ringworm treatment can mean the difference between scratching yourself bloody, and sweet relief. Try the OTC meds first and if that doesn’t work see your doctor. With today’s Ringworm treatment options, there is no need to suffer any longer.
Match the Tinea fungus type to its correct body part.
_____1. Tinea pedis a. facial hair
_____2. Tinea barbae b. face
_____3. Tinea capitis c. scalp
_____4. Tinea faciei d. feet
Answers at the bottom of the page!
Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment . . . it just has the ring of truth to it. If you’re looking to “kill” your ringworm, this product will be just what you’re after. A one stop-and-shop product, this 2 step spray treatment takes just minutes at a time, 2 to 3 times a day, to get rid of the:
• Avoidance of normal life activities
Packed inside this 10.4 oz. bottle is the immediate relief you are seeking. If you have now, or have ever had Ringworm, then you know the insanity this fungal growth can cause. It can drive you crazy trying not to scratch and rub. Ringworm Killer relieves the symptoms on contact. It soothes the itch and cools the burn.
If you have a child who has Ringworm, the problem is compounded 10 fold. How can you ask a 2 year old to not scratch an itch; it’s virtually impossible. That’s exactly the kind of problem this product is designed to help with. It gives immediate relief and works on the Ringworm, penetrating to help kill the fungus inside and out.
Many users testify to its effectiveness.
• “. . . it keeps the itch down . . “
• “I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now, it’s (the Ringworm) almost gone.”
• “The best product I’ve used. If I hadn’t used it I’d still have Ringworm.”
With testimonials like that you can’t afford to not try Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment. So follow the link and find out what all the buzz is about.
If you’re tired of the itching and pain that goes with any form of Ringworm then boy, do I have a product for you! In his 69 page eBook, Fast Ringworm Cure, William Oliver renown Ringworm Guru, has put together a comprehensive 7 step formula for a Natural, Healthy cure for Ringworm.
All the above symptoms can be gone in 3 days or less . . . Guaranteed! Now that’s a Ringworm Cure worth something.
What Oliver has done with Fast Ringworm Cure is to put together a Ringworm remedy that’s proven to be the:
• Most sure fire
• Best for preventing recurrence
With no drugs, and no “sit and wait for things to get better” approach, Oliver has come up with a system that can help you deal with an epic problem. Designed to bring fast relief it helps you or your kids get through the insane itching faster, and gives you piece of mind, with recommendations to keep Ringworm at bay once you’ve cured it.
With over $210 worth of bonus extras including diet and healthy living choices, what would you expect to pay for this miraculous cure? Hundreds? No . . . $90? No . . . $70, not even close. For just $29.99 you can get:
• The 7 step natural cure eBook Fast Ringworm Cure
• The over $210 of bonus material
• And a 60 day 100% Money Back Guarantee!
What are you waiting for, stop the itching!
Answers: 1) d, 2) a, 3) c, 4) b