Are you dying from all the itching, and desperate to know how to get rid of Ringworm (Dermatophytosis)? If you are you’re not alone. Some statistics show that as many as 20% of the population has Ringworm at any given time. That’s a lot of Ringworm! With that many people suffering with this horribly irritating condition, it’s no wonder that there are so many ways to try to get rid of it. In this article we will try to show you some of the most common.
How to Get Rid of Ringworm: What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is not a worm! It’s much smaller than a worm and much more intense. Tinea corporis, the most common kind of Ringworm affects the arms legs, and trunk (waist and chest.) It is not the only kind of Tinea, there are many different kinds, named for where they appear on the body. They are as follows:
- Tinea corporis – arms, legs, and trunk
- Tinea pedis – feet (Athlete’s Foot)
- Tinea unguium – nails (toe and finger)
- Tinea cruris – crotch and inner thighs (Jock Itch)
- Tinea manuum – hands and palms
- Tinea capitis – scalp
- Tinea barbae – facial hair
- Tinea faciei – face
When looking for how to get rid of Ringworm though, it really doesn’t matter where it’s located. They all basically get treated the same way.
How to Get Rid of Ringworm: Symptoms
Ringworm usually begins with what looks to be a rash. It then progresses through fairly common stages. Ringworm can display one or all of the following symptoms.
- Red Ringed Spot (with raised edge to give its name “ring” worm)
- Dry, Scaly Skin Patches
- Itchiness (thus lots of scratching)
- Burning, pain, or general discomfort in the area
- Possible Blisters or Oozing
- Under the Nails (dry, discolored, and crumbling nails)
- On the Hand (thick, dry, scaly skin with moist, red open sores between the digits)
If you’ve ever had Ringworm, you know the itching is the major irritation that goes along with it. If it gets advanced enough, you’ll do anything to find out how to get rid of Ringworm. That’s exactly why the most important treatment aspect of Ringworm is Prevention.
How to Get Rid of Ringworm: Prevention
Don’t touch it! Simple, yet effective advice when it comes to how to get rid of Ringworm. Ringworm is extremely contagious and the best way to treat it is with great caution. If you know someone who has it, or exhibits symptoms, limit your physical interaction as much as possible. There are some steps you can take to decrease your chance of contracting the infection:
1. Don’t share things that come in contact with other’s skin.
- Sports Equipment (helmets or gloves)
- Personal Care Items (makeup, combs, or brushes)
2. Keep your skin clean and dry.
3. Wash well after exposure to anyone with symptoms.
- Use the hottest water you can stand
- Use antifungal soap
4. Wear sandals or flip-flops in public:
- Locker Rooms
5. Don’t pet animals with bald spots.
Ringworm likes warm, moist spaces and many of these prevention tips are designed to limit the fungus’ ability to reach those areas on your body.
How to Get Rid of Ringworm: Treatments
There are several methods for how to get rid of Ringworm, and finding the best one for you may indeed be a trial and error technique.
1. Home Remedies
- Chamomile Tea – taken 3 times a day; can also apply used bag directly to the infection
- Garlic – 6 teaspoons taken daily; can also form a paste and apply directly to the area
- Also Ginger Tea, Lemongrass, and Olive Leaf
2. Over the Counter Medication (OTC)
- Creams and powders are the usual form
3. Prescription Medication
- Many times just stronger forms of OTC meds
- In certain cases with an increase in severity antibiotics will be used
That’s pretty much it as far as Ringworm goes, and when looking for ways on how to get rid of Ringworm fast, apart from the home remedies, your options are limited. The most important thing when treating Ringworm is to follow the directions to the letter. It can take anywhere from 5 days to 6 months to get rid of, depending on the intensity of the infection. As always, consult your physician before starting any medical regimen.
How to Get Rid of Ringworm
When it comes to how to get rid of Ringworm, the remedies run the gambit of medicine, but you can’t get rid of Ringworm overnight. From drinking herbal teas to intense antifungal medications, find out which one works best for you and stick with it. Figuring out how to get rid of Ringworm is not a half-hearted thing.
Which is NOT a prevention method for Ringworm?
a. Keeping skin clean and dry
b. Wear slippers in public showers
c. Don’t share personal items
d. Use the same brushes
True or False: Ringworm is a fungus.
Which Tinea is responsible for Ringworm on facial hair?
Answers at the bottom of the page!
Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment . . . it just has the ring of truth to it. If you’re looking to “kill” your ringworm, this product will be just what you’re after. A one stop-and-shop product, this 2 step spray treatment takes just minutes at a time, 2 to 3 times a day, to get rid of the:
• Avoidance of normal life activities
Packed inside this 10.4 oz. bottle is the immediate relief you are seeking. If you have now, or have ever had Ringworm, then you know the insanity this fungal growth can cause. It can drive you crazy trying not to scratch and rub. Ringworm Killer relieves the symptoms on contact. It soothes the itch and cools the burn.
If you have a child who has Ringworm, the problem is compounded 10 fold. How can you ask a 2 year old to not scratch an itch; it’s virtually impossible. That’s exactly the kind of problem this product is designed to help with. It gives immediate relief and works on the Ringworm, penetrating to help kill the fungus inside and out.
Many users testify to its effectiveness.
• “. . . it keeps the itch down . . “
• “I’ve been using it for 2 weeks now, it’s (the Ringworm) almost gone.”
• “The best product I’ve used. If I hadn’t used it I’d still have Ringworm.”
With testimonials like that you can’t afford to not try Ringworm Killer Ringworm Treatment. So follow the link and find out what all the buzz is about.
If you’re tired of the itching and pain that goes with any form of Ringworm then boy, do I have a product for you! In his 69 page eBook, Fast Ringworm Cure, William Oliver renown Ringworm Guru, has put together a comprehensive 7 step formula for a Natural, Healthy cure for Ringworm.
All the above symptoms can be gone in 3 days or less . . . Guaranteed! Now that’s a Ringworm Cure worth something.
What Oliver has done with Fast Ringworm Cure is to put together a Ringworm remedy that’s proven to be the:
• Most sure fire
• Best for preventing recurrence
With no drugs, and no “sit and wait for things to get better” approach, Oliver has come up with a system that can help you deal with an epic problem. Designed to bring fast relief it helps you or your kids get through the insane itching faster, and gives you piece of mind, with recommendations to keep Ringworm at bay once you’ve cured it.
With over $210 worth of bonus extras including diet and healthy living choices, what would you expect to pay for this miraculous cure? Hundreds? No . . . $90? No . . . $70, not even close. For just $29.99 you can get:
• The 7 step natural cure eBook Fast Ringworm Cure
• The over $210 of bonus material
• And a 60 day 100% Money Back Guarantee!
What are you waiting for, stop the itching!
Answers: 1) d, 2) a, 3) b